On this page…
- I found and fixed a bug in libcurl
- I became a licensed Amateur Radio operator in December 2012.
My callsign is VA3ZTS.
- I won a gold medal in Web Development at the 2012 Skills Canada National Competition.
I also won Bronze (2010), Silver (2011) and Gold (2012) medals in Web Development at the Ontario Technological Skills Competition.
Bachelor of Computer Science, University of Waterloo (October 2017)
Some interesting courses I took:
I was involved with the following clubs:
Technical Advisor, Application Development @ Statistics Canada (2020 - present)
Programmer Analyst, Application Development @ Statistics Canada (2019 – 2020)
Building an enterprise-level, Protected B Cloud Native platform (Kubernetes + CNCF technologies) using Infrastructure/Configuration as Code technologies.
Supporting cloud application development through application architecture support. Also empowering data scientists via the Data Analytics as a Service (DAaaS) project.
Sharing our experiences with the rest of the Government of Canada via Open Source work, presentations and teachings.
Programmer Analyst, Application Development @ Statistics Canada (2017 – 2020)
Working and operating the Web Content Management System (WCMS) system at Statistics Canada.
I was a maintainer of Wetkit (Drupal 7) and actively maintain WxT (Drupal 8), the “open source Drupal distribution led by the Government of Canada to assist in building and maintaining web sites that are accessible, usable, and interoperable”.
Web Developer @ University of Waterloo (2015 – 2017)
While working at the University of Waterloo, I was responsible for the support, development and operation of the Open Data API and the Campus Map.
IT Test Specialist @ TD Canada Trust (May – Aug. 2014, 2015)
At TD Canada Trust, I worked on the design and execution of test scenarios, and the development of tools to aid in testing.
Quality Assurance Analyst @ Phoenix Interactive Design Inc. (2012 – 2014)
While at Phoenix, I worked primarily on improving and supporting the automated testing framework. In addition to automated testing, I worked on manual design and execution of test cases.
I also developed a “Corporate Communication System”, which displayed project information and status updates on television screens located throughout the office.
Systems Committee/Systems Administrator, Computer Science Club (University of Waterloo)
2015 – present
- Manage a general use Linux environment for 200-300 users
- Operate club services, including:
- Web hosting (Apache, PHP, MySQL)
- Email (Postfix and Dovecot)
- Directory/Authentication (OpenLDAP and Kerberos)
- Open Source Software Mirror
- Special projects:
- Rollout of IPv6 to club networks and services
- Upgrade networking to 10Gbps and VRRP between machine rooms
- CS Club Cloud: Private cloud powered by OpenStack
FIRST Robotics, University of Waterloo Regional/District
Scorekeeper: 2014 – 2015, 2017
- Operated the Field Management System (FMS), the system responsible for scheduling matches, match play and match scoring
FIRST Technical Advisor Assistant: 2016
- Assisted with the operation of field systems (field components, driver stations and robots)
- Assisted with troubleshooting of issues with field electronics, driver stations and robots