I became a licensed Amateur Radio operator in December 2012. My callsign is VA3ZTS.
Bachelor of Computer Science, University of Waterloo (October 2017)
Some interesting courses I took:
- CS 452: Real-time programming (aka. trains)
- PSYCH 330: Criminal profiling
- EARTH 270: Natural disasters and hazards
I was involved with the following clubs:
Programmer Analyst, Statistics Canada (2017 – present)
I recently starting working as a Programmer Analyst on the Web Content Management team at Statistics Canada.
Web Developer, University of Waterloo (2015 – 2017)
While working at the University of Waterloo, I was responsible for the support, development and operation of the Open Data API and the Campus Map.
IT Test Specialist, TD Canada Trust (May – Aug. 2014, May – Aug. 2015)
At TD Canada Trust, I worked on the design and execution of test scenarios, and the development of tools to aid in testing.
Quality Assurance Analyst, Phoenix Interactive Design Inc. (2012 – 2014)
While at Phoenix, I worked primarily on improving and supporting the automated testing framework. In addition to automated testing, I worked on manual design and execution of test cases.
I also developed a “Corporate Communication System”, which displayed project information and status updates on television screens located throughout the office.
Systems Committee/Systems Administrator, Computer Science Club (University of Waterloo)
2015 – present
- Manage a general use Linux environment for 200-300 users
- Operate club services, including:
- Web hosting (Apache, PHP, MySQL)
- Email (Postfix and Dovecot)
- Directory/Authentication (OpenLDAP and Kerberos)
- Open Source Software Mirror
- Special projects:
- Rollout of IPv6 to club networks and services
- Upgrade networking to 10Gbps and VRRP between machine rooms
- CS Club Cloud: Private cloud powered by OpenStack
FIRST Robotics, University of Waterloo Regional/District
Scorekeeper: 2014 – 2015, 2017
- Operated the Field Management System (FMS), the system responsible for scheduling matches, match play and match scoring
FIRST Technical Advisor Assistant: 2016
- Assisted with the operation of field systems (field components, driver stations and robots)
- Assisted with troubleshooting of issues with field electronics, driver stations and robots